Tinkle, tinkle little ice
Beam & Coke would sure be nice
Over in the cabinet dear
You'll find the handle waiting near
Pour it over ice and then
Add some Coke and bring it in
Tinkle, tinkle little ice
Here's your tip for being nice.
Over the past week I have been on vacation. Not a relaxing, fun in the sun kind of vacation but a working, get'r done kind of vacation. I was able to update my resume and send it out to a few places because I am seeking a change in location and/or vocation. I have been painting, painting and more painting on my kitchen cabinets-still not finished but it is getting there. My older sister visited on Monday and stayed over and in that big sister pushy sort of way, encouraged me to get busy painting. Thanks Sis. I have done the laundry and changed the linens, paid the bills and balanced the checkbook, sorted and shredded a mountain of paperwork, and in the midst of all that I have managed to start this blog and have almost finished with the book I have been reading. Whew! TGIF! When my husband gets home we will probably rent a movie so I can fall asleep in my chair. There is just one thing missing from all this. My daughter, the bartender (there had to be something in it for us to send her to college all those years). I miss being able to hold up my glass and tinkle the ice for a refill. Now I will have to go back into the kitchen and decide if I am going to pick up the paintbrush or the Beam. Hmm, it's after 5 in London so maybe.....Party On!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
ha ha! if i had been there i would have done my daughterly/bartenderly/college grad duty and fixed you up a fabulous beam and diet. hope you had a good night!
Post a Comment