Monday, January 21, 2008

Soulmate

Do you ever watch someone while they're sleeping and feel the wonder of the love they have brought into your life? I sometimes feel that way when I am lying next to my husband. Here is a list of things I have pondered in the darkness over the years we have been together:

1. With my moodiness I have wondered how in the world he hasn't killed me by now.
2. I also, at times, wonder how he is still alive.
3. I wonder how I was lucky enough to marry such a good-hearted, patient man.
4. How does one snore so incredibly loudly without waking himself up?
5. Do my children know how lucky they are to have such a great father?
6. Is he breathing?
7. Why do my troubles melt away when I am lying in the crook of his arm?
8. What is that smell?
9. How was it ever possible for both of us and our three young children to ever fit on a double bed?
10. Does he truly know how much I love him?
11. How is it that we can read each other's thoughts?
12. Why does he love to play those computer games so much?
13. How can I ever make it up to him for ranting and raving like a spoiled child?
14. How does a simple, silent gesture such as reaching for my hand in the darkness soothe my spirit after
a bad dream?
15. What have we done right over the years to make our marriage last this long?
16. Whoever wrote that line in Love Story, "Love is never having to say you're sorry" is full of crap.
17. Why is it possible to feel that everything will always be alright when he wraps his arms around me?
18. How is it that one can get lost in another's eyes?
19. Exactly what is it that makes us soulmates?
20. How is it he can he make me laugh when I am in one of my dark moods?
20. Will he remember that today is our anniversary?

I love you, dear husband. You are the most wonderful everything. Without you I would be lost. Here's to the rest of our lives together, be it good or bad, funny or sad, easy or difficult, rich or poor, healthy or sick. I will stay by your side always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awww! that made me a little teary! as for question #5, the answer is yes, we do know how wonderful our dad is and we love him more than he'll ever know for it.