As I get older I tend to reflect on the things that have somehow gotten away from me that I always thought I would do. So I am making a list of things to do before I die (hopefully not for many, many years):
1. Clear all the clutter out of my home so my children won't have to sift through it after I am gone.
2. Write a book. I am currently working on one. It is strictly for myself, not necessarily for publication. And no, I cannot tell you what it is about.
3. Learn to play a musical instrument. I always wanted to play piano but I have no room for one so I would like to try the guitar instead.
4. Take a pottery class. To bring life to a lump of clay, to feel it take shape in my hands.
5. Take dance lessons - ballroom & swing. Great fun and great exercise too.
6. Take art classes - drawing, painting, sculpting. Hoping to find an outlet for my creativity.
7. Study architecture. Buildings fascinate me.
8. Earn a bachelors degree. In something, anything. I need to challenge my mind.
9. Document our family histories to pass on to our children and grandchildren.
10. Travel. To all 50 states. And all over England so I will know my grandchildren's heritage.
11. Volunteer. To feel that I have made a difference in someone's life that I would not have had the opportunity to otherwise.
12. Take a carpentry class. I would love to learn how to build furniture.
13. Try my hand at glassblowing, woodturning, weaving, stained glass. Just to better understand the processes.
14. Go to an Antiques Roadshow appraisal fair.
15. Run the mini-marathon during the Derby festival.
16. Go horseback riding at least once a year.
17. Take a trip with just my daughters to wherever they would like to go.
18. Have my grandchildren spend 2-4 weeks with us every summer, once they are old enough, so we can get to know them well in spite of the distance.
19. Throw a wonderful surprise party for my husband, one he will never forget.
20. Write about everyone I love, telling them what they have meant to me.
21. Go on the blues cruise mentioned in my last post.
22. Start the secret enterprise that my younger sister and I have been discussing. We need investors.
I know the list is long and time flies by quickly so I will read it daily to remind myself to get on with it. What do you have on your dream list?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment