There is a lunar eclipse going on as I type this blog entry. The full moon is an orangey, eerie glow and there are a million stars shining brightly in the night sky. I have to wonder if this event had anything to do with the very weird dream I had early this morning. From what I can remember of it, I left my office to walk, barefoot, to a cafe to pick up lunch. Those two things, walking and barefoot, are a glaring oddity for me. As I walked along the busy street that was nowhere near my office I took a short-cut through an office building of some sort. A Rottweiler tried to attack me but only bit my foot before I managed to get away. Damien comes to mind now. Then my two daughters appeared out of nowhere, rushing to tell me that their father's middle name is not what he had always thought it was, that they had researched his birth record. Somehow we never got around to discussing what it really was. Then I am asleep in my bed and my husband suddenly appears, bending over me in a spooky way trying to tell me something urgent but I couldn't make out what he was saying. Body Snatchers was in the back of my mind right then. It was a little frightening and I awoke with a start.
Now I don't know which part of the dream is the weirdest but I had an uneasy feeling all day. When I ran to the bank to get change for the office this afternoon I called my husband to check on him. I needed to hear his voice, normal and cheerful, to put me at ease again. Dreams are like bits and fragments of our memories put into a blender then poured out in a jumbled mess for us to wonder about their meaning. God only knows what these dreams meant. I just hope my husband's middle name isn't Vern!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment