Thursday, February 28, 2008
As the Crow Flies
I am trying to paint this morning and my husband has a toothache. Not a very happy house today. I got to a stopping point so I could log in to my dental benefits website to locate a participating dentist. Sounds simple, right? Hell no! It seems I don't know my mother's maiden name and my birthplace after all. I suppose I was adopted and my dental plan has kept this information from me until now. I was instructed to call an 800 number for further instruction. So I did, much to the dismay of the CSR that got my call. Poor girl didn't start her day well. She couldn't get the system to allow me to log on either so I asked if she would just give me a few names of dentists in my area. Seems the closest dentist that shows up in the system based on my address is directly across the river from where I live, but because the nearest bridge is 20 miles away in the opposite direction it is a good forty-five minute drive. She sounded incredulous that the computer system could be wrong. I assured her I could not fly so she would have to find a provider for me within ten miles please. Nope! No providers in tiny towns. This is one of many reasons why I want to live in the city! In the meantime, hubby will have to lose at least half a day of work for his appointment. He gets DTs when he's out of contact with his emails and business phone for too long and he gets extremely grumpy. Now I remember why I meant to drop my dental coverage this year. So he could go to the dentist a block away from our home and I wouldn't have to deal with the moaning. Peace out!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment