Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Trash Talk

I made another basket with those plastic mini-blind strips. This one is a bit more pleasing. I think I will add a handle and embellish it with red so I can use it for tailgating at the IU game on Saturday. It's the perfect size for a couple of bottles of wine, some cheese and crackers, a tablecloth, and a few other items. It's plastic so it can be washed in the sink afterward. And since it was free to make with the scrap blinds it's a win-win. It's nicer than a plastic bag to carry my items and I get to practice my newly discovered enjoyment of the craft. Who knew?

4 comments:

andrea said...

i love it!!! just make sure it's strong enough for wine bottles!

Anonymous said...

This is great. You are amazingly talented. Most people wouldn't even try such a project. I bet you could start a "green" revolution and sell the things!
Freezing in MI

Shadow said...

Thanks. It just so happens that when I sat down at my computer last night my husband had set the local paper where I could see it. An adult education class is being offered in December on basket weaving. How timely. I think I will take the 2 night class because I really was just winging it with these two baskets. I want to learn the proper way to finish off the top and to properly add a handle, etc.

Anonymous said...

can't wait til you show Marty and Terri.
LilSis