Tuesday, November 3, 2009

From Trash to Treasure?


Last night I replaced my mini-blinds in the living room windows. They were the ultra-thin plastic type. After taking out the excess slats for each set of blinds I had a sizeable pile of plastic strips left. I almost threw them away but thought I would just play with them instead. Surely they could be useful for something. Maybe a basket? I had never made a basket before but had nothing to lose but my time for trying. It was good for a bit of entertainment to wrestle those plastic strips into place as I wove them in and out. If my husband had been awake he would have thought I wqs crazy. And maybe I am. Here is the result, my "garbage basket". Not a bad way to recycle I guess. I even added the leftover string for decoration around the top. I actually found that I enjoyed this process. Maybe I will take a basket-weaving class.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go southpaw!!! you got the creative gene. I just threw mine in the trash. Looks really great!!
Lil Sis