Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Just Say No
Four weeks ago I started a healthier eating plan. I didn't want to call it a diet because I am not restricting myself from any particular food with the exception of Big Red. I just want to get and stay healthier and I am giving myself a year to lose the excess weight I have put on over the past three years. So though I may have a small piece of chocolate (one Dove milk chocolate piece is only 44 calories) or a coffee with Baileys in the evening (not sure of the calories in that and don't really care to know) I feel much more in control of myself. Knowing that I can allow myself a small portion of anything has made this lifestyle change much easier. So today I was pleasantly surprised when I weighed in at the office on those dreadful doctor's scales that don't lie. I have lost nine pounds since starting this plan. I am hopeful that I will be able to make it through the holidays because I know I can allow myself small portions of those foods I love to eat at this time of year. I think this will make me less apt to binge eat. So I am saying No to diets and Yes to the basic food groups and Yes to a small bit of something savory to treat myself every day. I am hopeful that I will be fit enough to run the mini-marathon in April 2011.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
good for you!! 9 lbs is great!
Post a Comment