Over the past three years it has become much harder for everyone to coordinate their schedules to get together for our traditional weekend before Christmas party. All of our children are spread out from the east coast to the west, from the north to the south. My younger daughter lives in London with her husband and two children. My oldest daughter lives in Chicago. I have nieces and nephews in California, South Carolina, Colorado, New Mexico, and Texas. Many of them are married and have children of their own now and it has become difficult for them to schedule visits for both sides of their families and establish their own traditions for their children. It is very expensive to fly during the holidays and weather is also a factor. Because of this, we have contemplated dropping our big gathering to allow everyone to concentrate on their own families and reduce the stress of the season. We are going to try to start a new tradition of gathering in the summertime instead. It is sad to let go of this part of our lives but change is necessary. Over the holidays I hope to get together with a couple of my sisters and start planning for a big summer reunion. In the meantime, I am hoping all of them will get webcams for Christmas so we can all stay in touch in a very visual way. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
In our typical weird sense of humor, I think we should decorate some type of tree,watch some old Christmas movies, wear Christmas holiday T-shirts, and of course play Babble.
PS-bring your Santa drink stirrer!!
L - Yes, we should meet at Mom's. Someone can bring a tiny tree, I'll bring the orange Christmas bells and the drink stirrer and M can bring Babble. Let's do an afternoon. We can plan the summer party.
Post a Comment