Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Redneck Limo

Last weekend my husband and I headed across the river to do some antique shop browsing in the city. On our way there we were passed up by a gleaming white stretch limo. Not your typical limo, but a stretch limo pickup truck with about a four foot long truck bed. I had to blink twice to make sure that is what I actualy saw. My eyes were not betraying me. It was, in fact, a pickup truck, stretched into first-class oblivion. I wondered why in the world one would need a limo with a truck bed? Perhaps to carry the coolers full of beer on the way to a hog roast? Or a place to stow the lawn chairs for an outdoor concert? Maybe to pick up a few more friends on the way to a Nascar race? A place to stow the fishing gear and beer keg on the way to a lake? A place to haul home a deer after a day of hunting? Maybe for a college tailgate party? Maybe for a wedding party making the obligatory lap through town on the way to the VFW hall for the reception? Or maybe a place for the dogs to ride in style? Or perhaps for a hot tub to soak in as you speed along the freeway? The possibilities were endless. I doubted that this pickup truck limo would have been jacked up on "Pimp My Ride". We didn't hear the booming stereo and there was no glittering gold. Perhaps there is a chop shop for "Redneck Rides"? Whatever the reason, the next time all of our friends get together to head to a bluesfest I think we should rent one of these rides. But it would have to have a sunroof so one particular friend could poke her head through and yell her signature "Whoooo!" after a few margaritas or a bottle of vino.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first I thought you were going to knock the idea, and I was ready to remind you of our (my) younger days. It sure would have fit my old lifestyle-ha ha!!!
LilSis

andrea said...

you HAVE to rent one of these if you plan to have s&t go with you somewhere! and take pictures! hee hee