Sunday, June 29, 2008
Heart Strings Attached
To my middle child - you came into our world with a smile, ready to begin your adventure of life. With a list of 3 possible names we were undecided about, your personality instantly chose for us. Amity, friend, you have worn it well throughout the years. You were a happy, curious baby who only liked to be cuddled for moments at a time, then set free to explore and observe, impatiently waiting your turn to do all the things you saw going on around you. You were fun-loving and mischievous, loving and kind all rolled into one tiny package of energy. As much as I wanted to wrap you in my arms and slow your pace of growing up I could not keep you still for long. I always knew you would be my traveler but I also knew you would be okay because you would hold home in your heart. As you grew from baby to toddler to school-girl you just soaked up life. School was not just a place to learn for you, it was your social outlet, and you rarely liked to miss a day. Your boundaries expanded ever more with each passing year. We struggled a bit to rein you in and we had our conflicts, but we loved you fiercly and wanted nothing more than to see you grow up unscathed by all the challenges put before you as you spread your wings in preparation for your flight into adulthood. You have made us very proud for the young woman you have become. Though the distance is long, you are always here, safely tucked in our hearts. We love you more than words could ever tell. Happy Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank you Mom, that was so nice to read. I love you!
awwww! well written and all true.
Post a Comment