Friday, February 20, 2009

Fresh Start

Over the past week I have been painting again. This time I repainted my bedroom and bathroom after having some plaster work done. As much as I dreaded picking up the paintbrush, once I got started I began to feel a sense of peaceful satisfaction. I love the warm, comforting creamy beige color that is replacing the very light lemony yellow that has been surrounding me in slumber for the past ten years. The slightly darker tone in the bathroom adds just a bit of contrast without being too overpowering. I am holding out on painting over my terracotta orange cabinet in the bath though. I simply have to have a little splash of boldness to keep it from being boring. So until we are nearly ready to put our house on the market this spring/summer I will leave the cabinet as it is. The curtains have been washed and rehung, the baseboards wiped clean, the cobwebs cleared, and the dark, scary recesses under the bed freshly vacuumed. With everything clean and dusted and placed back where it belongs I wanted to just lie on the bed and enjoy the freshness of it all, to soak in the calm, clean look of the room before the wear and tear of daily living takes its toll and the freshness wears off.

No comments: